Executive Assistant to the CEO
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Executive Assistant (EA) to the CEO increases this leader’s bandwidth and velocity, concentrating their time and effort on the highest priorities. The EA to the CEO ensures a timely flow of communication to and from the executive office. The EA to the CEO is exceptionally organized and has acute attention to detail, handles complex situations, and balances multiple responsibilities simultaneously while never missing a deadline. This role is charged with the careful and discrete handling of confidential information. The EA to the CEO liaises between the CEO and internal and external constituencies and builds and maintains strong relationships at every level of the organization including investors, organizational leaders and representatives, and board members.
- Schedules weekly calendar to meet the needs, priorities, expectations, and personal preferences of the CEO
- Provides an accurate, pristine daily schedule allowing for personal time and preferences as aligned to CEO priorities
- Culls information from various resources to set CEO up for success in 1:1 meetings, off-site visits, and other engagements
- Knows the CEO’s working style and strengths, has the ability to anticipate needs of the CEO
- Communicates to internal and external constituents as directed by the CEO and ensures information flow to and from the CEO’s office is effective and timely
- Ensures physical materials are set up for board meetings
- Captures and monitors the progress of action items following board meetings as well as following CEO’s portfolio and relationship management meetings
- Coordinates with staff to ensure accuracy, coordination, and prioritization of calendar appointments, correspondence, and other CEO commitments and deliverables
- Ensures CEO’s supplies are kept in stock. Responsible for establishing and maintaining filing systems, and makes travel arrangements
- Maintains records related to purchasing, travel, and office supplies
- Maintains regional calendar
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned
- You love customer service. You’re essential to helping the CEO realize excellence, integrity, and dedication in the role and with the region. You can thrive behind the scenes. You recognize the inherent values of everyone you work with, serve, and meet in this role.
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills. You can relate to a variety of audiences authentically. You’re a dynamic project manager. You can break larger projects down into smaller tasks, anticipate challenges, and build flexibility into your planning.
- When you speak and write, people listen. You have a compelling, clear voice and choose the right medium for the audience and purpose. Your communication is timely, accurate, and values-aligned.
- You’re a hungry learner. You might be new to the United Way or to an Executive Assistant position but you have an appetite to learn about the organization and about how to build the skills and knowledge to be outstanding in your role.
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Skilled in Microsoft Suite
- Virtual executive support
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- Passion for United Way of the Greater Triangle’s mission and values
Salary Range: $40,000 -$55,000 annually and a competitive benefits package
Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity (DEI) Vision Statement: We are committed to becoming a collaborative and inclusive organization that strives for equity and equal opportunity in all we do in order to be a catalyst for change in our community. We will work to create a welcoming environment for all; enable success for all; work constantly toward fairness, civility, and respect for all; and honor the rich mosaic of voices both within our United Way and in the Greater Triangle.
If interested, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org